Musick, Peeler & Garrett LLP
A SOPHISTICATED WEB SITE HIGHLIGHTING THE FIRM'S CALIFORNIA ROOTS
- Ajax Technology
- Custom "On-the-Fly" PDFs
- Flash® Animation
- Flex-Width Design
- Google™ In-Site Search Tool
- Google™ Sitemap
- Interactive Google™ Maps
- RSS Feeds
- User-Controlled Font Sizes
For its new Web site, Musick Peeler desired to make a radical shift from its dark, dreary design to something fresh and inviting. The "Night & Day " transformation is exactly what the firm was attempting to achieve visually. Furthermore, the goal of providing current content with easily accessed, cross-linked related information was achieved with the new database-driven content management system and dynamic front-end coding.
The firm's newly-developed tagline of "INNOVATIVE, EXPERIENCED, ACCESSIBLE" is the main message of the Web site, which is delivered through the use of high-end technology, evolved content and well-formatted, easily navigated information. The color scheme of the site is very different from most firms, as is the use of the monogram in various places as accents; the user is given a consistent visual reminder of Musick Peeler's new brand/identity. The home page Flash movie is intriguing as well, reinforcing the firm's California location through the use of photography and illustrations.
Here are some of the key features of the new Musick Peeler Web site:
- The new Web site has a "California Tradition" theme, using imagery from across the state; more than two dozen images are used randomly on the secondary and tertiary pages of the site.
- The site utilizes a flex-width design, which ensures all visitors – regardless of their screen resolution settings – will view the site without extra background space.
Three separate tagline images were created by size – code was written to detect each visitor's resolution settings, which in turn dictates which file is displayed.
- A complete content management system was customized for the firm, allowing administrators in the firm to manage all Web-based information as well as the internal library.
- Custom-designed PDF templates are used that allow Musick Peeler to generate on-the-fly marketing materials from the attorney biography as well as practice area database files.
- The in-site search features Inherent’s Google Mini tool, which provides users with the experience of using Google technology, with Musick Peeler's color scheme incorporated.
- Ajax technology is used on this site so that user experience is of an overview quality initially, with the ability to view more information with a simple click that appends more information.
- Interactive Google maps are used on office location pages for directions.
- A Proposal Generator tool is slated for Phase II of the project.
- The Musick Peeler Web site won a coveted Webby Award - a feat accomplished by only 5 law firms in 2008!
- The Web site was also honored with a 2008 Platinum Award by Hermes Creative.
- Inherent's work on Musick Peeler's Web site also earned a 2008 Web Marketing Award for setting a “Standard of Excellence”. This WebAward recognizes the standard of excellence for which all Web sites should strive.