Barley Snyder LLC
AN ELEGANT DESIGN USING ABSTRACT IMAGERY
- Ajax Technology
- Custom "On-the-Fly" PDFs
- Google™ Sitemap
- Interactive Google™ Maps
Barley Snyder LLC is a law firm with more than 60 attorneys across six offices in Pennsylvania. The firm's new Web site is targeted at potential clients, existing clients and recruits. The firm sports the tagline "Not your usual client/attorney relationship." That said, the old site used a burgundy, leather-style background in its navigation area, with nav items that highlight on hover. It was very old fashioned, in no way representative of "not your usual" law firm...
Of special note:
- The firm sports the tagline "Not your usual client/attorney relationship." To convince visitors that the firm is indeed different, abstract imagery was developed for the new site that conveys a current, contemporary feel. No scales of justice or gavels here!
- Each section of the site has its own color scheme, which is carried all the way through related text link colors and custom, square-shaped bullets. This requires very high level programming, especially considering the various browser requirements that must be taken into consideration.
- The site has auto-PDF files for bios, which are database-driven and will convey the most up-to-date information available in a high quality, professional CV format.
- Elements including "Email This Page", "Print Friendly" and navigational breadcrumbs make this site easy to navigate and to gather information through a variety of uses.
- Users can sign up for Barley Snyder's electronic e-mail announcements directly from the site.
- The site also employs the use of Ajax technology on certain biographies and practice area descriptions with "Read More" / "Read Less" options. This allows viewers to control the amount of information available on a single screen.
- The Publications section has its own internal search feature, where users may find articles and newsletters by keyword or practice area. Results can be sorted by date, title or practice area.
- The use of a complete content management system allows Barley Snyder personnel to retain control over all content of the site as well. All articles, newsletters, press releases, event announcements, etc. are cross-linked with related attorney bios and practice areas; job openings are also tied to practice areas, with the ability to identify a different contact person for each open position. Barley Snyder personnel can also modify the information on all "static" pages, putting the content on the entire site within their control. Changes made in the Web-based administrative system are immediately updated throughout the site once a Barley administrator selects "Go Live".
- The Barley Web site was awarded a 2008 Gold Award from Hermes Creative.
- The pre-launch version of the site was awarded a 2007 Gold Award from the MarCom Committee.